Los Angeles Region FIRST® LEGO® League (LAR FLL)
2012 Cal Poly Pomona FLL® Qualifying Tournament
11/17/12 8:00 AM (PST) – 4:00 PM (PST)
10/01/2012 – 10/15/2012
Cal Poly Pomona
Bronco Student Center, Bldg 25
3801 W Temple Ave
Check payable to "Los Angeles Robotics", electronic payment via Chase Person-to-Person QuickPay, or Credit Card (via PayPal), due 11/7/2012. You do not need a Chase account to pay via Chase QuickPay. You do not need a PayPal account to pay via PayPal. QuickPay is free, but PayPal charges us a service fee.
The campus has easy access from 10 and 57 Freeways.
The event is located on the second floor of the Bronco Student Center (BSC)-- a short walk from the Parking Booth located in the main parking lots C & D.Please inquire at the Parking Booth how to get to the BSC. Due to construction activity, the pathway to the BSC is along a fence.
From 10 San Bernardino Freeway
1. Exit: Kellogg Drive
2. Coming East, turn right at the end of the exit ramp.
3. Coming West, turn left at the end of the exit ramp.
4. Continue on Kellogg Drive past University Drive and Red Gum Lane till you get to the parking booth and park as directed by the attendant at the booth. Campus Parking is $5
From 57 Orange Freeway
1. Exit: Temple Ave.
2. Coming North, turn left at the top of the exit ramp.
3. Coming South, turn right at the end of the exit ramp.
4. Continue on Temple Ave. going over railroad tracks, past Valley Blvd.
5. Turn right at South Campus Drive signal.
6. Turn left at Kellogg Drive signal.
7. Continue till you get to the parking booth and park as directed by the
attendant at the booth. Campus Parking is $5.
This event is open to the general public and to the media.
The region has grown! We will be holding two Championship events the same weekend this year, one on Saturday December 15 and one on Sunday December 16. Teams must qualify for advancement by hosting or attending a Los Angeles Region FLL Qualifying Tournament. Qualifying Tournaments are scheduled in Pomona, Los Alamos, Torrance, La Canada, Canoga Park, Camarillo, San Gabriel, Lancaster, Thousand Oaks and possibly Manhattan Beach between November 17 and December 2. Team preferences will be considered when assigning teams to Qualifying and Championship Tournaments.
Approximately 30% of teams will advance to the Championship Tournaments. Qualification will be based on the same combination of Robot Performance, Robot Design, Project and Core Values rankings used to determine the Champion's Award winners.
Note: Teams that sign up for qualifying events or championship events in other regions are not eligible to sign up for qualifying events or championship events in the Los Angeles Region.