Los Angeles Region FIRST® LEGO® League (LAR FLL)
2011 Stevenson Ranch FLL® Qualifying Tournament
11/12/11 8:00 AM (PST) – 11/12/11 5:00 PM (PST)
10/01/2011 – 10/15/2011
Rancho Pico Junior High
26250 W Valencia Blvd
Stevenson Ranch CA 91381
Check payable to "Los Angeles Robotics" or Credit Card (via PayPal), due 10/20/2011. You do not need a PayPal account to pay via PayPal. Event Fee may be waived for teams that received grants.
Mail checks to Los Angeles Robotics, Attn: LeRoy Nelson, Treasurer, 1457 3rd St, Manhattan Beach, CA 90266.
For PayPal payment button, see http://fll.larobotics.org/Events.html.
From I-5, exit at Valencia Blvd and head west (if heading north on I-5 - make a left turn on to Valencia Blvd; if heading south on I-5 make a right turn on to Valencia Blvd). Continue west on Valenica Blvd for about 1 mile at the last signal light before the street ends make a left turn into Rancho Pico's parking lot. If the parking lot is full, additional parking is available across the street at West Ranch High School. An information table will be set up in front of the school to direct teams and vistors to appropriate locations.
* This event is open to the general public and to the media.
* The tournament is being hosted and managed by the Hart District High School Robotics Team (FRC Team 691) organized out of Academy of the Canyons Middle College High School and serving the students of all Hart District High Schools (www.team691.org)
* The event will be held in the gymnasium, and the pit area will be in the multipurpose room, classrooms will be used for certain judging sessions.
* Each team’s four performance rounds (one practice round & three competitive rounds) will be spaced 40-60 minutes apart. The three judging sessions (Project, Robot Design and Core Values) will be scheduled before or between the performance rounds and will either be held in the gym or in classrooms.
* Teams will often go directly from one activity to the next.
* Will be available in the quad behind the gym and multi-purpose room
* Cabo Cabana Fresh Baja Grill will have hamburgers and various types of Mexican food available for purchase
* Jumba Juice will have smoothies available for purchase
* Preorders are encouraged and a preorder form will be supplied to registered teams via email prior to the event
* Snacks and drinks will be available throughout the event
* A separate luncheon will be provided for tournament volunteers, judges and referees.
* Team 691’s 2009 FRC Robot will be available in the quad for FLL team members and visitors to drive
* One or both of Team 691’s 2010 or 2011 FRC robots will be in the quad demonstrating their abilities
* A document with detailed tournament logistics will be distributed to teams and posted on the website shortly after registration closes..